Would you like Living-at-Home Medical to be your primary care doctor?
Give us a call at 718.865.9333. If you have a referral, please fax it to 888.972.7923 or upload the PDF here.
Before your first appointment…
Click the button to download the intake forms
After you fill them out and sign them, please fax them to 888.972.7923 or call the office at 718.865.9333 for more information
Some frequently asked questions…
We provide both routine and urgent primary care medical visits for our enrolled patients. We specialize in house calls and do not have an office-based practice. We are a team made up of one physician, nurse practitioners (NPs), and a secretary and work closely together to serve your needs.
Services we perform regularly include:
- patient care – including pain management, wound care, immunizations
- family meetings – discuss goals of care, advance care planning
- home-based testing
- blood, urine, stool tests
- Ultrasounds, including venous doppler
- EKGs, echocardiograms
- referrals to home based care
- home health care agencies – skilled nursing, PT, OT, speech therapy
- home hospice
- orders for medical equipment and supplies, such as
- hospital bed, wheelchair, hoyer lift, walker
- bath seat, transfer bench, commode
- nutritional supplements (ex: Ensure, Glucerna)
A visit from our provider is just like a visit to the doctor’s office but it occurs in the comfort of your home. The first visit, which takes between 1 to 2 hours, involves a complete history and physical and a home safety assessment. Follow up visits focus on addressing your concerns that have been raised since the last visit and treating symptoms to improve your quality of life. If you need to go to the hospital or if you have just returned from the hospital, we do our best to make the transition a smooth one.
On average, you will receive a routine visit every 2-4 months. The frequency of our visits depends on your needs.
You will receive a call 1-2 business days before the visit to let you know about the upcoming appointment. While we can provide you a time range in which to expect the clinician, we are not able to give exact appointment times because of the variable duration of the home visits prior to your own, travel time, and emergencies.
We are a Participating Provider in the Medicare Program. After the annual $183 (2017) deductible is met, Medicare pays for 80% of each visit. The remaining 20% will be submitted to your secondary insurer (including Medicaid), which usually covers the remainder of the bill. If you have no supplemental insurance, then you may be billed for 20% of our charge. Typical co-pays are between $25-55 per visit based upon complexity of condition and medical necessity.
If you have no insurance or are out-of-network, the cost of the initial visit and routine visit is $350 and $250, respectively.
Yes. We also bill your insurance (Medicare or Medicare Advantage plan) for the work of coordinating your care between visits. “Chronic care management” includes time spent in discussions between you, your pharmacist, your visiting nurse, hospitalists, and your specialists. If you have questions or concerns about this, please call us.
Alas, Medicare does not pay for everything, even for care that you or your family feel that you need to keep you healthy. Services that Medicare does not pay for include the time, effort and cost to reach your home. Some patients and family members have already been giving voluntarily and we thank you for that! You will be receiving a letter and an Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) in the coming months describing the new fee policy that will include fees for: travel and expedited forms.
We encourage you to continue to see any specialists that you need to see.
If you are permanently homebound, you are recommended to transfer primary care to us. If you are in temporary need of a house call doctor (for example, you had a leg fracture), we can be your temporary primary care provider until you are able to return to your regular doctor.
You can find more frequently asked questions (and answers) here.
Our service areas
Please note that we currently only serve clients in Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Specifically, in Lower Manhattan, we serve patients below 34th Street, in ZIP Codes 10001, 10002, 10003, 10007, 10009, 10010, 10011, 10012, 10013, 10014, 10016 (southern half below 34th Street), 10038.
In Brooklyn, we serve the neighborhoods of Sunset Park, Borough Park, Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst, Bath Beach, Gravesend, Mapleton, Sheepshead Bay, specifically ZIP Codes 11204, 11209, 11214, 11219, 11220, 11223, 11224, 11228, 11229, 11235.